Plans and Policies
2017-2018 Technology Plan
2017-2018 Tech PLan.pdf
PARENT’S BILL OF RIGHTS - DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Chateaugay Central School District is committed to protecting the privacy and security of student, teacher, and principal data. In accordance with Education Law § 2-d. the district wishes to inform the school community of the following:
- A student’s personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes.
- Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s educational record.
- State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is transferred.
- A complete list of all student data elements collected by New York State will be available for public review both online and via regular mail from the New York State Education Department. The website and mailing addresses will be listed here when they are made available.
- Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. The Chateaugay Central School District Compliance Officer is Victoria Gardiner. You may contact him by phone at 497-6611, email at email@example.com, or by mail at PO Box 904, Chateaugay, NY 12920.
Security Breach and Notification
INFORMATION BREACH POLICY.pdf
Children's Internet Protection Act