School Closure Pre K-6
June 15 - Update from Mrs. Calnon
Good afternoon, Happy Monday!
I want to start out by saying how proud I am of the achievements and accomplishments of our little Bulldogs. These accomplishments have been made possible with your support and through the dedication of our amazing CCS faculty and staff that have worked tirelessly to provide opportunities for all of our young people to grow and learn. Parents, I hope that you know, your partnerships, as families, have been invaluable and I am grateful for your commitment and support. We will never forget the 2019-20 school year, the one where we were quarantined!
A few important dates to remember:
- We are asking our families to return all school materials to CCS this evening, Monday, June 15th between 6-8 pm. Parents, we ask that you come to the CCS old bus garage, located in the big parking lot, this evening between the hours of 6-8 pm to drop off your child’s Chromebook, library book and any other materials that belong to the school. Unfortunately, our yearbooks have not arrived yet. We are unable to disseminate yearbooks this evening and will be sure to notify you once the yearbooks arrive. We appreciate your patience.
- The last day of school is tomorrow, Tuesday, June 16th. June 16th will be the turnaround day with a 10:10 dismissal. Meal delivery will begin at 8:00 am on June 16th - the last day of school.
- We will be mailing report cards and progress notes home to families tomorrow, Tuesday, June 16th.
- Many of our Bulldogs will be celebrating their birthdays during the summer. Please go to our CCS Website or Facebook page to view the summer birthday slideshow that was created to recognize our students celebrating their birthdays this summer!
I hope that learning will continue throughout the summer break and that you will continue to encourage your child to READ, READ, READ! With our support and guidance, our little Bulldogs have the heart, head and hands to change the world. I hope that you have a safe, healthy, fun summer with your family. I trust that I will see you in September! Mrs. Calnon
A Mrs. Calnon Recommended Video
From Mrs. Hamilton-Moore
To all students who receive Occupational Therapy services: NEW
We will be posting a google doc on the school website PreK-6 page that will be updated weekly with activities that you can complete on your own time. The OT staff will be notifying you when the activities are updated weekly via the remind app. Please text @otccs to 81010 to be added to the list for reminders, and to use this app to communicate with the OT staff.
Elementary Instructional Plans
Here is a list of how teachers in the elementary grades will be communicating to parents and students and how they will be proving materials.
- Attention elementary families: ABC Mouse is offering a free membership. Please go to ABCmouse.com/redeem and use the code: SCHOOL5836. Enjoy, Little Bulldogs!
- Ms. Swinton's Pre-K 3: Ms. Swinton has set up a Facebook group and will continue to provide instructional ideas to our families through the group.
- Mrs. Swanston: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- Mrs. McComb: Mrs. McComb has and will continue to reach out to the parents of her students with instructional ideas.
- Kindergarten: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- First Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- Second Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- Third Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- Fourth Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail. Google classroom will be utilized. Classroom Code: Mr. Calnon - Grade 4 - xiqwdis .
- Fifth Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail. Instructional materials can also be found in the fifth grade folder on our CCS website.
- Sixth Grade: Instructional materials can be found in the sixth grade folder on our CCS website. Please contact CCS if you are in need of a paper copy.
All instructional materials will be mailed home on March 18, 2020.
NEW - Elementary Library Google Classroom
Mrs. Campbell has set up her own Google Classroom with the code: 6mhtqud . She will post some writing prompts and ask questions about what everyone has been reading. Sounds fun. Add her class from your existing Google Classroom page.
Also - check out her YouTube channel.
Dear Parents of Speech Students,
We have been thinking of different ways to help our parents and students during this time apart. We have added some general information to the website, including activities you can do with your child. We have also sent home packets to some families, but because of the short notice we were unable to give a lot of direction. Our therapy is very individualized and it is difficult to give information to whole groups. If anyone would like to email us and receive ideas and/or activities specifically geared to your child’s level and areas of need, we would be happy to do so. We are here to support you in any way you need.