School Closure Pre K-6
June 1 - Update from Mrs. Calnon
Happy Monday! It's hard to believe that we only have two full weeks left of the 2019-20 school year. Let's make the next two weeks GREAT!
The last round of instructional materials were delivered to families earlier today. Students in grades 5 and 6 did not receive an instructional packet. The students' work will be posted in the Google Classrooms. However, if you are in need of hard copies, we are happy to provide you with those materials. We are proud of how hard our students are working. Please continue to have your child complete the assignments posted in their google classroom or on the classroom facebook page. Our boys and girls should all be reading for 30 minutes each day and our second through sixth grade should strive to pass five i-Ready Reading and five i-Ready Math lessons each week.
A few important dates to remember:
Each May, CCS holds a Moving Up Day celebration for our students in grades 6-12. Moving Up Day is a beautiful celebration where we honor students' academics as well as their social/emotional achievements. After the awards are presented, we move the students to the next grade level. Moving Up Day is a beautiful ceremony that our CCS community is so very proud of. This year we were unable to hold our Moving Up Day ceremony at CCS, however a wonderful team of educators has organized a Virtual Moving Up Day ceremony. The Virtual Moving Up Day ceremony will be released on Thursday, June 4th at 7:00 pm. Please find the link on our CCS district webpage. Many of our sixth grade students will be recognized for the President's Excellence and Academic Achievement Awards. Two very deserving sixth grade students will also be recognized for the Triple “C” Award. Please tune in on Thursday evening to support our CCS students.
We will be asking our families to return all school materials to CCS on Monday, June 15th between 6-8 pm. Our administrative team will be collecting materials that evening and passing out yearbooks to families who ordered one. Parents, we ask that you come to the CCS old bus garage, located in the big parking lot, on Monday, June 15th between the hours of 6-8 pm to drop off your childs’ chromebook, library book and any other materials that belong to the school. We appreciate your assistance.
The last day of school will be Tuesday, June 16th. June 16th will be the turnaround day with a 10:10 dismissal. Meal delivery will begin at 8:00 am on June 16th - the last day of school.
We will be mailing report cards and progress notes home to families on Tuesday, June 16th.
A Mrs. Calnon Recommended Video
From Mrs. Hamilton-Moore
To all students who receive Occupational Therapy services: NEW
We will be posting a google doc on the school website PreK-6 page that will be updated weekly with activities that you can complete on your own time. The OT staff will be notifying you when the activities are updated weekly via the remind app. Please text @otccs to 81010 to be added to the list for reminders, and to use this app to communicate with the OT staff.
Elementary Instructional Plans
Here is a list of how teachers in the elementary grades will be communicating to parents and students and how they will be proving materials.
- Attention elementary families: ABC Mouse is offering a free membership. Please go to ABCmouse.com/redeem and use the code: SCHOOL5836. Enjoy, Little Bulldogs!
- Ms. Swinton's Pre-K 3: Ms. Swinton has set up a Facebook group and will continue to provide instructional ideas to our families through the group.
- Mrs. Swanston: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- Mrs. McComb: Mrs. McComb has and will continue to reach out to the parents of her students with instructional ideas.
- Kindergarten: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- First Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- Second Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- Third Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail.
- Fourth Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail. Google classroom will be utilized. Classroom Code: Mr. Calnon - Grade 4 - xiqwdis .
- Fifth Grade: Instructional materials sent home in the mail. Instructional materials can also be found in the fifth grade folder on our CCS website.
- Sixth Grade: Instructional materials can be found in the sixth grade folder on our CCS website. Please contact CCS if you are in need of a paper copy.
All instructional materials will be mailed home on March 18, 2020.
NEW - Elementary Library Google Classroom
Mrs. Campbell has set up her own Google Classroom with the code: 6mhtqud . She will post some writing prompts and ask questions about what everyone has been reading. Sounds fun. Add her class from your existing Google Classroom page.
Also - check out her YouTube channel.
Dear Parents of Speech Students,
We have been thinking of different ways to help our parents and students during this time apart. We have added some general information to the website, including activities you can do with your child. We have also sent home packets to some families, but because of the short notice we were unable to give a lot of direction. Our therapy is very individualized and it is difficult to give information to whole groups. If anyone would like to email us and receive ideas and/or activities specifically geared to your child’s level and areas of need, we would be happy to do so. We are here to support you in any way you need.