Two Hour Delay
Two Hour Delay - Please do not call the school.
We will use the In Touch system to provide updates if school is to be closed. Thank you.
Two Hour Delay
The district has added a two hour delay plan. This 2-hour delay plan will help the school to balance the need to have the required number of instructional days per year with keeping our students safe. There have been occasions where an extra few hours of road crew work would make all of the difference in being able to get students and staff to school safely. Other times, a delay may help give school officials time to make an accurate assessment of the weather conditions prior to making a decision to close school.
2-hour delay details/procedures include:
- All buses will leave exactly 2 hours later than normal. If your child is normally picked up at 7:45 am, the bus should be there at 9:45 am.
- Parents who normally drop their children off at school should do so two hours later than they normally do. (Please note that those parents who usually drop their children off prior to going to work must make other arrangements as there will not be supervision at school prior to the delayed start time.)
- The official start time after a 2-hour delay will be 10:05 am.
- Breakfast will not be available, but lunch will be served at the usual times.
- Elementary teachers will adjust their individual class schedules as they see fit.The schedule for students in grades 7-12 will be altered so that periods 1-5 will each be approximately 15 minutes long.
- Periods 6-10 will be exactly the same as they are every day.
- Homeroom - 10:03 -10:15
- 1st Period - 10:18 -10:34
- 2nd Period - 10:37 -10:53
- 3rd Period - 10:56 - 11:12
- 4th Period - 11:15 - 11:31
- 5th Period - 11:34 -11:50
- Periods 6-10 will run as normal. If high school teachers have elementary classes they will still be sent for all or part of the time if they fit in the shortened schedule.