Board of Education
Annual Budget Hearing - Join meeting
Loretta Fowler invites you to join this Webex meeting.
- Meeting number (access code): 359 101 487
- Meeting password: CCSD
- Monday, June 1, 2020
- 7:00 pm | (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) | 1 hr
Join by phone
- Tap to call in from a mobile device (attendees only)
- +1-646-992-2010 United States Toll (New York City)
- Global call-in numbers
Join from a video system or application
- Dial firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also dial 18.104.22.168 and enter your meeting number.
Join using Microsoft Lync or Microsoft Skype for Business
- Dial email@example.com
- Need help? Go to http://help.webex.com
Notice of School Budget Vote & Election - CLICK HERE To view the entire budget
June 9, 2020
- Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order 202.26, the annual budget vote and school board election has been scheduled for June 9, 2020, and will be held by absentee ballot only. The Chairperson will declare the school budget vote/elections open at 5:00 pm.
- Absentee ballots were mailed to all residents registered with the Board of Elections in Franklin County and Clinton County. Additional absentee ballots may be requested by any other qualified voters in the household by contacting the District Clerk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the District Clerk at 518-497-6611 ext. 2301. All completed absentee ballots must be received in the District Clerk’s office by 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2020.
- A qualified voter is a person who is a citizen of the United States, at least eighteen years of age, a resident of the District for at least 30 days prior to the date of the election, and who is not otherwise ineligible to vote under the provisions of section 5-106 of the Election Law (e.g. a person who has been adjudged to be mentally incompetent by a court).
NOTICE OF ADJOURNED BUDGET HEARING, ANNUAL MEETING, BUDGET VOTE AND ELECTION
CHATEAUGAY CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
TOWNS OF CLINTON, ELLENBURG, CLINTON COUNTY AND BELLMONT, BURKE, CHATEAUGAY, FRANKLIN COUNTY, NEW YORK
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that pursuant to Executive Order 202.26 of the Governor of the State of New York, a public hearing of the qualified voters of the Chateaugay Central School District, Franklin County, Chateaugay, New York, will be held virtually via Webex Video Conferencing on Monday, June 1st, 2020 at 7:00 P.M., prevailing time for the presentation of the budget.
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN, that the Annual District Meeting of the qualified voters of the Chateaugay Central School District will take place by absentee ballot only to vote on the following items:
1). PROPOSITION #1: THE SCHOOL BUDGET – To conduct a vote by such voters on the adoption of the District budget for the fiscal year 2020-2021 and the authorization of the requisite portion thereof to be raised by taxation on the taxable property of the District.
2). PROPOSITION #2: Shall the Trustees of the Chateaugay Central School District be authorized to lease two (2) 66 passenger school buses for a period not to exceed five (5) years at a cost not to exceed $32,000.00 per year.
3).To elect two (2) members of the Board of Education for three (3) year term commencing on July 1, 2020 and expiring on June 30, 2023 to succeed Valerie Dalton and William Harrigan each of whose terms expires on June 30, 2020. This Notice is given in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Local Finance Law and the Education Law.
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN, that a copy of the statement of the amount of money which will be required to fund the District’s budget for 2020-2021 exclusive of public monies, will be available beginning on May 26th, 2020 on the school’s website at www.chateaugaycsd.org and may also be obtained by any resident of the District by request of the District Clerk at email@example.com or by calling 518-497-6611 ext. 2301.
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN, that individuals interested in running for the Board of Education may declare themselves to be a candidate for the Board of Education, provided that they meet all legal requirements to be a candidate. This can be done by letter in which the individual declares his or her candidacy and states the candidate’s name, residence and vacancy to be filled, including the name of the incumbent. Such statement must be filed with the District Clerk by mail addressed to Chateaugay Central School, Attn: Mary Legacy, P O Box 904, Chateaugay, NY 12920 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received no later than May 11, 2020 at 5:00 p.m
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN, that due to the health and safety concerns associated with COVID-19 pandemic, the potential for contraction of COVID-19 is deemed a temporary illness. As such, an absentee ballot will be sent to all district residents who are registered to vote with the Franklin County and Clinton County Board of Elections with postage paid return envelope. Individuals not registered to vote may request and absentee ballot by calling the District Clerk at 518-497-6611 ext. 2301 and leaving your name, address and phone number or by emailing email@example.com. All requests for absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00p.m. on Monday, June 1, 2020. Absentee ballots must be received back by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
The Education Law also makes special provisions for absentee voting for “military” voters of the District. Specifically, the law provides a unique procedure for “military ballots” in school district votes. Whereas absentee ballot applications and absentee ballots must be received by the voter by mail, a military voter may elect to receive his/her absentee ballot application and absentee ballot by mail, email or facsimile. The military voter must, however, return his/her original military ballot application and military ballot by mail or in person. The Clerk of the Board shall transmit the military voter’s military ballot in accord with the military voter’s preferred method of transmission. The Clerk of the Board must then receive the military voter’s military ballot by mail or in person not later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote.
AND FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the qualified voters of the District shall be entitled to vote at said annual vote and election. A qualified voter is one who is (1) a citizen of the United States of America, (2) eighteen years of age or older, and (3) resident within the District for a period of thirty (30) days next preceding the annual vote and election.
Mary G. Legacy, District Clerk - Chateaugay Central School District