Chateaugay Central School
Winter Sport Awards
Thank you Mrs. Reynolds for compiling and sharing a wonderful recap of the winter sports teams. The put together a list of award winners, pictures of the teams and more. CLICK HERE to read it all.
The Elementary and Middle School Spring Concert has been rescheduled to Thursday, April 25, 2019, at 7:00 PM.
PRE-KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION AT CHATEAUGAY CENTRAL SCHOOL
Pre-Kindergarten registration for September 2019 will be held at Chateaugay Central School on Tuesday, May 7th from 9:00AM-3:00 PM. Registration will be held in the Elementary Office. Parents/guardians only, please. There will not be an early dismissal for Pre-Kindergarten classes on this day. Students will remain in school all day.
To be eligible to enter Pre-K 3 at Chateaugay Central School, a child must be three years of age on or before December 1, 2019, and be a resident of the Chateaugay Central School district. To be eligible to enter Pre-K 4 at Chateaugay Central School, a child must be four years old on or before December 1, 2019, and be a resident of the Chateaugay Central School district. Parents must present proof of age, (birth certificate or baptismal record), immunization record, a physical address in the CCS school district, as well as a mailing address and emergency contact information at the time of registration.
Parents are reminded to bring their child’s immunization record with them to registration. The public health law requires evidence of immunization.
If you have any further questions regarding registration, please contact Mrs. Parmeter in the Elementary office at 518-497-6611 Ext. 2501.
Every Kid Healthy Week~ April 22nd-26th
Launched by Action for Healthy Kids in 2013, Every Kid Healthy Week is an annual observance designed to celebrate school wellness achievements and is observed the last week of April each year.
Please help us to shine a spotlight on improving the health and wellness of our students by encouraging their participation in our Healthy Kids Spirit Week! We are highlighting the link between nutrition, physical activity and learning – because healthy kids learn better! We are excited to be a part of the nationwide celebration to help support sound nutrition, regular physical activity and health-promoting programs in schools.
- Tuesday April 23rd~ Pajama Day~ Importance of Sleep Awareness! A good trick is to turn off your tech gadgets at least 30 minutes before bed. The blue lights on them trick your mind into thinking it’s day, making it harder to fall asleep. A restful sleep reduces stress, boosts memory and motivation, helps prevent disease, improves your coordination, stamina, recovery and overall physical health.
- Wednesday April 24th~ It’s Wacky Water Wednesday! Bring your water bottle and wear blue to celebrate the health benefits of drinking water. Drinking water gives you energy, makes your skin healthier, aids in maintaining a healthy weight, and improves mental health.
- Thursday April 25th~ April is Student Athlete Month! Wear sports attire to celebrate being active! Exercise makes you feel happier, increases energy levels, helps your sleep and memory, and keeps your body and mind healthy!
- Friday April 26th~ Variety is the Spice of Life! Wear as many different colors as you can to celebrate all the beautiful colors of nature’s beauty. Think~ fruits and veggies! Colors are the smiles of nature! Challenge yourself to enjoy at least one fruit or vegetable at every meal. We can do this!
(times are an estimate)
4:30 pm: Students board buses at CCS
5:00 pm: Students may start checking into Rainbow Banquet Hall, sign-in and check of bags
- Parents/family are welcome, seating for parents for Procession is first-come, first-serve.
5:45 pm: Procession will START: introduce all juniors then prom court!
- Junior class group picture
- King and Queen are announced
- First dance to “Speechless”
6:15 pm: Settle into tables, formal photos may start
6:20 pm: Start salads then dinner
7:00 pm: Start dancing
10:00 pm Door prizes announced
10:15 pm: Board buses to head back to CCS
10:45 pm: Approximate return time to CCS