Chateaugay Central School
PO Box 904, Chateaugay, NY 12920
(518) 497-6611 - Fax (518) 497-3170
Chateaugay Central School District is currently accepting applications for the following position:
*CERTIFIED SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER-start date 9/1/19
Application can be found at http://www.chateaugaycsd.org/employment. Please submit completed application, official transcripts and references by July 22, 2019 to:
- Mary Legacy, District Clerk
- Chateaugay Central School
- PO Box 904
- Chateaugay, NY 12920
- 518-497-6611 EXT: 2301
- Cleaner- Chateaugay Central School District has a 12 month Cleaner position vacancy. Residency has been waived. Salary: $26,554 – $31,993.
- Automotive Mech. Helper/Laborer - Chateaugay Central School District has a vacancy for a 12 month Automotive Mech. Helper/Laborer position. Residency waived. Applicants must meet minimum job qualifications. 40 hr work week with fringe benefits. Salary: $27,095 – $32,646.
For duties, qualifications and application, please contact; Mary Legacy at Chateaugay Central School District, 42 River Street, P O Box 904, Chateaugay, NY 12920, 518-497-6611 ext. 2301. Applicants may apply at the Chateaugay Central School or download and mail a completed application to the address above. EOE Last date to file application is July 22nd, 2019.
Chateaugay Central School District Seeks Board of Education Member
The Board of Education of the Chateaugay Central School District is seeking candidates to fill a vacant School Board seat. If you are a district resident interested in public education, the School Board invites you to submit a letter to be considered for appointment to the seven-member board. The deadline is Friday, July 26th, 2019. The individual appointed to the position will serve until the next election in May 2020. At that time, the position would be on the ballot to run for a three year term, along with one other board seat up for a three-year term. Board members serve without pay. They attend regular evening meetings 1-2 times a month, as well as special meetings and work sessions. They also are liaisons to various school and community committees. Their duties are diverse, ranging from developing and adopting the annual budget to approving policies. They also have opportunities to interact directly with students, staff, parents and community members by visiting the school and participating in activities. Board hopefuls must be:
▪ U.S. citizen
▪ Age 18 or older
▪ Able to read and write
▪ Legal resident of the district for at least one year A board member cannot be an employee of the district or simultaneously hold another incompatible public office. He or she cannot live in the same household with a family member who is also on the board. The board hopes to have a new member in place for its next regular meeting on August 12th, 2019. Letters of interest and qualifications should be submitted by July 26th, 2019 to District Clerk, Mary Legacy at Chateaugay Central School, 42 River Street, P O Box 904, Chateaugay, NY 12920 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearbooks are now available in the Main Office.
Marching BandThis group of 60 students made CCS proud this past weekend with their participation in two Memorial Day parades. Mrs. Trombley was very pleased with their hard work and their willingness to give up some of their long weekend to honor the day. As always it is so nice to hear all the comments about how amazing this group is and how much they make the parades so special.
A few more pictures than normal this time. Thank you Mr. Tam for his wonderful pictures. Thank you to Jackie Ta for following the band in Chateaugay to take some pictures for me. The other albums are from me and I tried to get as many of the students as I could. It is hard to get some of the musicians in the middle rows. Thank you to all the students who participated. I do not think you will ever truly realize how much your participation in these events means to the veterans, their families and the the communities.