Chateaugay Central School
PO Box 904 - Chateaugay, New York 12920
(518) 497-6611 Fax (518)497-3170
Concert Time - Part 1
It was a wonderful night of music and a great way to kick off the holiday season. Student musicians in band and chorus entertained a pack audience in the CCS auditorium on December 5, 2019, to perform some holiday classics. Congratulations to all the performers and the directors. Thank you also to the families and community members to came out to support the music program. Next up - the High School Winter Concert on December 12, 2019.
Chateaugy Central School - Fall 2019 Sports Awards
Congratulations to ALL our Fall Student- Athletes!!
- Special Thank-You - Mark Goggins, Brian Beach & Crew, Transportation Crew, Mrs. Gardiner, Administration & Board of Education, Parents, Coaches and Athletes
- Thank-you to all the parents who have submitted photos
- Section X Athlete of Distinction:
- SENIOR Student-Athletes who have maintained a cumulative average of 90 or better over the course of their high school
- career. These students must have played the sport for three years.
- (Special Note: This award has replaced the All-Academic Award)
- Congratulations: Aiden Tam, Anna Bleakley, Riley Leary
NYSPHSAA Varsity Teams Award: 75% of teams 1st quarter marking period average of 90 and above
- Congratulations: Girls Soccer and Volleyball
- NYSPHSAA Scholar Athlete: Varsity Athletes with 90 or above 1st quarter average receives a pin from NY State
- Denote in program: ** 90 or above 1st quarter average on roster from NYS.
Chateaugay Academic Award:
- JV and Modified Academic Award from Chateaugay: Academic Excellence Award will go to all jv and modified student-athletes who had a 90 or above average during 1st quarter. Each student-athlete will receive a certificate.
- Denote in program: *90 or above 1st quarter average for modified and JV player from Chateaugay.
- Thank-you Seniors!
Christmas Spirit Week
The CCS Student Council invites you to show your Christmas Spirit the week of 12/16-12/20
- Monday-Holiday Jammies
- Tuesday-Christmas Socks
- Wednesday-Holiday Flannel
- Thursday-Ugly Christmas Sweater (Door Decorating Contest)
- Friday- Santa Hats and Jingle Bells
First period classes are asked to decorate classroom doors to win prizes!!!
Christmas chains with Mrs. Thomas
Yearbook - Note to Seniors
Your senior squares for the yearbook are due before Christmas vacation. Please see Mrs. Gardiner for more information. Please also submit class/group pictures for a memory page.
The following information is being provided to students who are interested in becoming a member of Ski Club. Chateaugay Central School provides transportation and supervision for 8 trips to Titus Mountain. Please note be aware our trips are FRIDAY NIGHTS! Please feel free to contact Bruce Gugliotta or Scott Weilacher at school for further information.
- Ski and boots: $11.00
- Board and Boots: $11.00
Lift Tickets: $20.00 for each night trip
Departure: 2:30 at front bus circle entrance. Ski storage available in the morning and before leaving.
Return: BE ON THE BUS BY 8:00!!! Tell your parents that the bus will return to school by 8:30 PM at the visitors entrance (Please be prompt!) You can be signed out by a parent and leave with them before or after the bus leaves.
Behavior: You are responsible for your own materials. You are expected to behave well and follow Titus Mountain and Chateaugay Central’s rules. If behavior is a problem, you could be sent home and not allowed to go again. You should always ski with a buddy. If you do not have a buddy, tell an advisor and we will ski with you or assign you a group.
If you violate the student athletic/club agreement you may not be allowed on the next ski trip.
Helmets: Everyone is required to use a helmet. We value safety and we insist you take care of your noggin. Helmets will be available on a nightly basis through Mr. Gugliotta. You MUST indicate when you sign up weekly if you need a helmet.
Lessons:Lessons are a part of the cost of the lift ticket. If you would like your child to receive a lesson please make arrangements with Mr. Gugliotta or Mr. Weilacher before noon on the day of the trip or before noon the Friday before the Saturday trip.
Food: You are responsible for your own meal while at Titus. You know your own appetite better than we could advise, but kids generally spend between $10 - $20 dollars to eat and drink. You may bring a lunch with you, but you are responsible for it.
- Titus Mountain Friday Night Trips:
- January 10, 2020
- January 17, 2020
- January 31 2020
- February 7, 2020
- February 8, 2020 SATURDAY TRIP
- February 14, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- March 6, 2020
- March 13, 2020**ALTERNATE DATE II**
- Titus Mountain Saturday trip: February 8, 2020
* Titus Mountain Saturday Trip will leave school at 8:30 and return by 4:00.
- Lift, lesson, rental........$46.00
- Lift, lesson...................$29.00
- Lesson, Rental............$29.00
- Lesson only.................$12.00
- Lift, lesson, rental........$76.00
- Lift, lesson...................$44.00
- Lift, rental....................$44.00
- Lesson only.................$12.00
Thank you for your support! Bruce Gugliotta - Scott Weilacher
It is time for one of the most popular fundraisers of the year. Students involved in FFA are selling fruit boxes along with cheese and sausage boxes. See a member of FFA if you would like to place an order.
DISTRICT WIDE SCHOOL SAFETY PLAN PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE (Click to expand)
BE IT RESOLVED, THAT NOTICE BE GIVEN THAT THE Chateaugay Central School District Board of Education will conduct a Public Hearing of the residents of the Chateaugay Central School District qualified to vote in said District.
The hearing will be held in the Chateaugay Central School Auditorium, Monday, December 09, 2019 at 7PM local time.
The purpose of the hearing is to discuss updates and revisions to the District Wide School Safety Plan, as enumerated in Education Law and Commissioner's Regulations. The plans are designed to prevent or minimize the effects of serious violent incidents and emergencies and to facilitate the coordination of schools, and School Districts with local and county resources in the event of such incidents or emergencies,
Dated: October 28, 2019 - Mary H. Legacy Mary G. Legacy, District Clerk Chateaugay Central School District