Chateaugay Central School
PO Box 904 - Chateaugay, New York 12920
(518) 497-6611 Fax (518)497-3170
Moving Up Day - Academic Awards - Sports Awards
As with everything over the past few months, we had to make some changes. We cannot be together of the annual Moving Day ceremony, we cannot have as Academic Awards Night, and we did not get a chance to recognize our winter sports teams. So we combined all of those events an hour long video. The video will be available at 7:00 PM on June 4, 2020 on YouTube. We hope you enjoy it.
Youth Soccer Signup
Notice of School Budget Vote & Election - CLICK HERE To view the full budget
June 9, 2020
- Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order 202.26, the annual budget vote and school board election has been scheduled for June 9, 2020, and will be held by absentee ballot only. The Chairperson will declare the school budget vote/elections open at 5:00 pm.
- Absentee ballots were mailed to all residents registered with the Board of Elections in Franklin County and Clinton County. Additional absentee ballots may be requested by any other qualified voters in the household by contacting the District Clerk by email at email@example.com or by calling the District Clerk at 518-497-6611 ext. 2301. All completed absentee ballots must be received in the District Clerk’s office by 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2020.
- A qualified voter is a person who is a citizen of the United States, at least eighteen years of age, a resident of the District for at least 30 days prior to the date of the election, and who is not otherwise ineligible to vote under the provisions of section 5-106 of the Election Law (e.g. a person who has been adjudged to be mentally incompetent by a court).
The Village of Chateaugay Youth Committee in partnership with Write One Plus, is holding a Christmas Ornament Design Challenge. The winning design will be made into a Christmas Ornament in time to purchase for the 2020 holiday season. All profits from the sale of the ornaments will go toward paying for the Community Holiday Fireworks Display on 12-9-20. We are asking all our Chateaugay Youth in K through 12 to submit their OWN Christmas Ornament design, and the winner, will be selected by Village Youth Committee Board, based on originality and creativity.
NOTICE OF ADJOURNED BUDGET HEARING, ANNUAL MEETING, BUDGET VOTE AND ELECTION
CHATEAUGAY CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
TOWNS OF CLINTON, ELLENBURG, CLINTON COUNTY AND BELLMONT, BURKE, CHATEAUGAY, FRANKLIN COUNTY, NEW YORK
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that pursuant to Executive Order 202.26 of the Governor of the State of New York, a public hearing of the qualified voters of the Chateaugay Central School District, Franklin County, Chateaugay, New York, will be held virtually via Webex Video Conferencing on Monday, June 1st, 2020 at 7:00 P.M., prevailing time for the presentation of the budget.
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN, that the Annual District Meeting of the qualified voters of the Chateaugay Central School District will take place by absentee ballot only to vote on the following items:
1). PROPOSITION #1: THE SCHOOL BUDGET – To conduct a vote by such voters on the adoption of the District budget for the fiscal year 2020-2021 and the authorization of the requisite portion thereof to be raised by taxation on the taxable property of the District.
2). PROPOSITION #2: Shall the Trustees of the Chateaugay Central School District be authorized to lease two (2) 66 passenger school buses for a period not to exceed five (5) years at a cost not to exceed $32,000.00 per year.
3).To elect two (2) members of the Board of Education for three (3) year term commencing on July 1, 2020 and expiring on June 30, 2023 to succeed Valerie Dalton and William Harrigan each of whose terms expires on June 30, 2020. This Notice is given in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Local Finance Law and the Education Law.
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN, that a copy of the statement of the amount of money which will be required to fund the District’s budget for 2020-2021 exclusive of public monies, will be available beginning on May 26th, 2020 on the school’s website at www.chateaugaycsd.org and may also be obtained by any resident of the District by request of the District Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 518-497-6611 ext. 2301.
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN, that individuals interested in running for the Board of Education may declare themselves to be a candidate for the Board of Education, provided that they meet all legal requirements to be a candidate. This can be done by letter in which the individual declares his or her candidacy and states the candidate’s name, residence and vacancy to be filled, including the name of the incumbent. Such statement must be filed with the District Clerk by mail addressed to Chateaugay Central School, Attn: Mary Legacy, P O Box 904, Chateaugay, NY 12920 or by emailing email@example.com and must be received no later than May 11, 2020 at 5:00 p.m
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN, that due to the health and safety concerns associated with COVID-19 pandemic, the potential for contraction of COVID-19 is deemed a temporary illness. As such, an absentee ballot will be sent to all district residents who are registered to vote with the Franklin County and Clinton County Board of Elections with postage paid return envelope. Individuals not registered to vote may request and absentee ballot by calling the District Clerk at 518-497-6611 ext. 2301 and leaving your name, address and phone number or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00p.m. on Monday, June 1, 2020. Absentee ballots must be received back by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
The Education Law also makes special provisions for absentee voting for “military” voters of the District. Specifically, the law provides a unique procedure for “military ballots” in school district votes. Whereas absentee ballot applications and absentee ballots must be received by the voter by mail, a military voter may elect to receive his/her absentee ballot application and absentee ballot by mail, email or facsimile. The military voter must, however, return his/her original military ballot application and military ballot by mail or in person. The Clerk of the Board shall transmit the military voter’s military ballot in accord with the military voter’s preferred method of transmission. The Clerk of the Board must then receive the military voter’s military ballot by mail or in person not later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote.
AND FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the qualified voters of the District shall be entitled to vote at said annual vote and election. A qualified voter is one who is (1) a citizen of the United States of America, (2) eighteen years of age or older, and (3) resident within the District for a period of thirty (30) days next preceding the annual vote and election.
Mary G. Legacy, District Clerk - Chateaugay Central School District
Chateaugay Central School is reaching out to help those in need of additional food, hygiene items, and cleaning supplies. Thanks to the generosity of the Adirondack Foundation, grant funding was awarded to help families in our community. To request any of these items, please complete the form to the right of this page if you are on a computer, or below on a phone, under the heading Community Needs. (You will need to scroll down to see the complete form).
All residents over the age of 18 in the Village or Town of Chateaugay and the Town of Clinton (within the CCSD limits) are eligible to apply for support, even if you do not have children.
Also, if you have been placed on unemployment or have lost your income, and have children who attend CCS, please complete a child nutrition application for the free and reduced meal program. If you or someone you know is unable to access or complete the survey online, please call: (518) 497-6611, extension 2300 and leave a message. Someone will return your call and will complete the survey with you over the phone. All information is confidential and will only be shared with individuals essential in coordinating the delivery of items.
School Closure Resources
As our time of social distancing continues we want to share with you some important resources that may be of use to you.
We understand that as time goes on, and individuals are waiting for stimulus checks and having difficulty with unemployment claims, there is increased financial strain. There is assistance available to members of our community. Community Connections of Franklin County can assist with helping you to get essential items such as food, personal hygiene items, diapers, prescriptions and pet food, as well as other items. If you would like to request assistance, please call Loretta Fowler at 497-6611, ext 2300 or email a member of the counseling department:
- Susan Jones-King email@example.com
- Bruce Gugliotta firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danielle Matthews email@example.com
We will connect you with someone from Community Connections. All referrals are kept strictly confidential.
The Counseling Department at CCS would like to do everything we can do to help you with the emotional toll this time is taking on all of us. We have a school closure Guidance Corner on the CCS website. There is a tab for this page along the top of the home page. Each day we share information that we hope will help both you and your children through this trying time. We have been and will continue to post short videos and other information that we think will be helpful. If you have concerns that you would like to discuss with a member of the counseling department, please reach out to us at the emails above.
Students can still get their working papers. Some guidance has been provided to school to help in this matter. If any student is interested in acquiring their working papers, please contact Chandra Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-497-6611 ext 2401
Alternative Process for Issuing Working Papers During COVID-19 School Closures
Parents/guardians and minors complete the appropriate application form and email it to the district or school’s Certificating Officer. Fillable PDF versions of the AT-17 Application for Employment Certificate and AT-22 Application for Employment Permit are now available on NYSED’s Employment of Minors website. These forms allow digital signatures.
The Certificating Officer schedules a video call with the minor, and if required, the parent or guardian. During this video call, the minor presents required documentation as per the Certificating Officers Manual. Certificating Officers may then complete the working card, sign it, and mail it to the minor. The minor should sign the card upon receipt. The requirement that the minor sign the card in the presence of the certificating officer is temporarily waived for the duration of New York’s COVID-19 school closures. Certificating Officers must continue to use approved working cards.
Links - Resource List
I put some of the longer items and archived items in Google Doc format to help clean up the main page.
- Free and Reduced Meal Program - Updated for March 2020
- Child Care Coordinating Council of the North Country - "If you are considered essential personnel and you are in need of child care, you can call our agency at 518-561-4999 and dial 106 for Courtney."
- Excellus Telemedicine - Coronavirus Notice - March 18, 2020
- State Education Department and New York's Public Television Stations Announce Expanded Remote Learning During Statewide School Closure
- Community Connections Information
- Audible Offer
- NYSUT Resource List - ideas and activities for all subject and ages.
- Age of Learning Resources - Free sites set up by Mrs. Fowler
- Empowering and Protecting Your Family During the COVID-19 Pandemic - March 22, 2020 - a long, but informative video. Dr. David Price, Weill Cornell Medical Center, https://vimeo.com/399733860
From Mrs. Fowler - I am also sharing information I received from a Franklin County Update. The highlighted information shares a new SCAM regarding stimulus checks.
- Franklin County has 5 positive cases. Individuals are in quarantine/isolation and contact tracing is occurring for those who have tested positive.
- Franklin County has a total of 61 on Isolation/Quarantine status.
- 92 negative tests have come back.
- Franklin County Public Health continues to work in collaboration with NY State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS) and neighboring counties.
- Franklin County would like to notify residents that police are investigating a scam regarding stimulus checks. It involves a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS trying to confirm their bank information so they can directly deposit the $1,200 check. THIS IS A SCAM! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFORMATION.
- Franklin County stresses Stay at home, social/physical distancing, all preventative measures for hygiene and sanitation. You should assume every person might be a carrier and practice the recommendations. Businesses are required to put plans in place to avoid social contact that is less than 6’.
A challenge from Mrs. Reynolds
Physical Education and Health
- Fitness Tracking Sheet - FYI to students: please don’t stress over filling the sheet out. Just do your best to stay active!
- Physical Activity Recommendation 6-17 years of age https://health.gov/sites/default/files/2019-11/PAG_MYW_Kids_FS.pdf
- Physical Activity Recommendation 3 year to 65 years & older https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/pdfs/FrameworkGraphicV9.pdf
- A google classroom has been created for my elementary, middle, high school classes. Everyone has been invited, so please check it for your work!